PEAKS & DESERTS
Motorcycle Tours Colombia! Peaks & Deserts is our emblematic tour. We will ride through different types of terrains and weathers, going up the mountains reaching 3.600 meters of altitude in the paramo (highlands/moorland) down to 300 meters above sea level in the Tatacoa Desert. Riding across big canyons, old railways, and towns in the middle of nowhere. This tour is 40/60 on-road/off-road so be prepared to face narrow mountain tracks, some muddy trails and uncountable paved curvy roads. Colombia’s beauty is out there between the mountains and secondary roads, so we will stay in clean, nice and safe mid to high range hotels. But don’t worry, we’re always looking for the best option available for you to relax comfortably after enjoying the day’s motorcycle ride and activities.
- Days: 9
- Level: Intermediate
- Terrain: Gravel and pavement
- Total distance: 1400 Km
- Weather: Cold in the mountains, warm in the desert
- Price: USD $ 2745
- Rider + Pillion: USD $ 4089
- Day 1: One of our two founders, Camilo or Juan, will pick you up at the airport in Cali, Colombia and bring you to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, we can do all the paperwork that same day and enjoy a drink.
- Day 2: Cali to Sevilla
- Day 3: Sevilla to La Tatacoa Desert
- Day 4: La Tatacoa to Paicol
- Day 5: Paicol to San Agustín
- Day 6: Rest day in San Agustín.
- Day 7: San Agustín to Popayán
- Day 8: Popayán to Cali
- Day 9: Sadly the tour is over. We will take you to the airport in time for your flight home. If you have more time and decide to stay more days, we will love to help you planning your next destination in Colombia.
- Professional bilingual tour leader
- Honda XRE 300
- Third party insurance
- Lodging in nice and comfortable hotels (shared room)
- Group activities and entry fees
- Transfer to and from airport in Cali, Colombia
- All taxes
- Pre – Tour briefing
- Gift bag
- We like to keep it simple and nice so we guarantee small groups (min 2/max 6)
- Valid driver´s license
- 2 year of riding experience
- Valid passport
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Credit card to cover the security deposit USD $580
What is not included
- Airfare to/from Cali, Colombia
- Lunches, dinners and drinks
- Trip cancellation insurance
We are in Colombia! We will have 10·C (50·F) for short periods crossing the highlands and 34·C (95·F) in the desert. We recommend ventilated riding gear and a having a rain suit for those moments of low temperature and rain.